Vitalant maintains a library archive of transfusion medicine reference materials, publications, white papers and other articles of interest to our customers.
AABB Circular of Information
View the AABB Circular of Information.
AABB Reimbursement Guide
Download the AABB Reimbursement Guide in PDF format.
The following resources are available from your blood center:
The Circular of Information For the Use of Human Blood and Blood Components Prepared jointly by the AABB, America’s Blood Centers and the American Red Cross is recognized as acceptable by the Food and Drug Administration. The circular is also available on line.
Resources available from the publisher:
- AABB Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, 26th Edition, 2011.
- AABB Technical Manual, 17th Edition, 2011.
ABC NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE
Download PDFs of the most recent newsletters from America's Blood Centers:
- ABC News 4/10/20: FDA Issues COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma Guidance & Updates Protocol
- ABC News 4/3/20: Administration Prepares to Commence Convalescent Plasma Collection Program
- ABC News 3/27/20: COVID-19 Pandemic Response Continues
- ABC News 3/20/20: Blood Community & Federal Officials Launch Coordinated COVID-19 Response Amid Growing Pandemic
- No ABC Newsletter published for March 13th
- ABC News 3/6/20: ABC Publishes COVID-19 Resources as AABB Interorganiza-tional Task Force Issues National Call for Blood Donors
- ABC News 2/28/20: Congressional Members Ask FDA BPAC to Convene Another MSM Meeting to Address ‘Discriminatory, Outdated, & Scientifically Obsolete’ Deferral Policy
- ABC News 2/21/20: CDC Reports Latest Figures on Dengue Cases
- ABC News 2/14/20: CBER Announces 2020 Guidance Agenda
- ABC News 2/7/20: FDA Publishes Final Guidance on HTLV-I/II
- ABC News 1/31/20: FDA Publishes New Draft Guidance on CJD and vCJD
- ABC News 1/24/20: Second Case of Novel Coronavirus Confirmed in U.S. as the Blood Community Continues to Monitor
- ABC News 1/17/20: Federal Blood Advisory Committee Preserved
- ABC News 1/10/20: CBER Publishes 2019 Report from the Director
- No ABC Newsletter published for December 27th
- No ABC Newsletter published for December 20th
- ABC News 12/13/19: ABC Calls on the FDA to Cease Testing for Zika Virus
- ABC News 12/6/19: BPAC Discusses Considerations for Cold Stored Platelet Products Intended for Transfusion
- No ABC Newsletter published for November 29th
- ABC News 11/22/19: ABC Encourages BPAC to Seek Data in Support of Cold Stored Platelet Use in Non-trauma Settings
- ABC News 11/15/19: Safety of Tranexamic Acid in Acute Traumatic Brain Injury (CRASH-3) Patients
- ABC News 11/8/19: CMS Publishes CY 2020 OPPS Final Rule
- ABC News 11/1/19: Results from the 2019 ABC Gender Identification and Blood Collection Survey Shared at 2019 AABB Annual Meeting
- No ABC Newsletter published for October 25th.
- ABC News 10/18/19: Presidential Candidates Discuss MSM Blood Donor Deferral