Vitalant maintains a library archive of transfusion medicine reference materials, publications, white papers and other articles of interest to our customers.
Below are the latest issues of BloodNews, our newsletter for hospital customers.
AABB Circular of Information
View the AABB Circular of Information.
AABB Reimbursement Guide
Download the AABB Reimbursement Guide in PDF format.
The following resources are available from your blood center:
The Circular of Information For the Use of Human Blood and Blood Components Prepared jointly by the AABB, America’s Blood Centers and the American Red Cross is recognized as acceptable by the Food and Drug Administration. The circular is also available on line.
Resources available from the publisher:
- AABB Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, 26th Edition, 2011.
- AABB Technical Manual, 17th Edition, 2011.
ABC NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE
Download PDFs of the most recent newsletters from America's Blood Centers:
- ABC News 8/10/18: 56th ABC Summer Meeting and Medical Directors Workshop
- ABC News 7/20/18: Platelet-associated Bacterial Risks Return to the Blood Products Advisory Committee (BPAC)
- ABC News 7/13/18: FDA Revises Zika Testing Guidance
- No ABC News published for July 6 due to the Independence Day holiday.
- ABC News 6/29/18: ABC Summer Meeting Explores Expanding Cellular Therapies, Iron Depletion in Adults and Young Donors, Keys to Advocating Successfully in Washington
- ABC News 6/22/18: CBER Publishes Revised Guidance Calendar for 2018
- ABC News 6/15/18: ABC, AABB, and ARC Submit Joint Comments to FDA Zika Docket
- ABC News 6/8/18: ABC Enlists Congressional Support for World Blood Donor Day
- ABC News 6/1/18: Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- ABC News 5/25/18: FDA Classifies BECS as Class II Medical Device in Guidance
- ABC News 5/18/18: 1st Antidote for Factor Xa Inhibitor-associated Hemorrhage Receives Accelerated Approval by FDA
- No ABC Newsletter published for May 11th due to ADRP Conference.
- ABC News 5/4/18: FDA Updates to Zika Guidance
- ABC News 4/27/18: CMS Releases 2019 IPPS Proposed Rule
- ABC News 4/20/18: FDA Publishes New Medical Device Safety Action Plan
- No ABC Newsletter published for Apr. 13th.
- ABC News 4/6/18: Advances in Gene Therapy, Sustainability of the U.S. Blood Supply, and Hot Topics in Blood Donation Highlight SMT Forum
- ABC News 3/30/18: 56th ABC Annual Meeting Examines Innovation and Expansion of Value-added Services in Changing Landscape of Transfusion Medicine
- ABC News 3/16/18: ABC Comments to CMS Regarding Potential Revisions to CLIA Regulations
- ABC News 3/9/18: FDA Approves Donor Screening Assays for B. microti Nucleic Acid Test and Antibodies
- ABC News 3/2/18: Trends in blood use in the US—analysis from the National Inpatient Sample
- ABC News 2/23/18: ABC Comments to FDA on 'Burdensome' Regulations
- ABC News 2/16/18: OBRR Director Stepping Down
- ABC News 2/9/18: ABC Announces the 21st Annual Awards of Excellence Winners
- ABC News 2/2/18: Kate Fry Named Executive Director
- ABC News 1/26/18: ABC Annual Meeting to Explore the Shifting Healthcare Landscape, Impact of Gene Editing, Disaster Response
- ABC News 1/19/18: FDA DoD Introduce Workplan for Prioritized Review of Medical Products
- ABC News 1/12/18: Israeli Pilot Program Allows MSM to Donate Without Abstinence