CORD BLOOD PROGRAM
Our laboratory expertise
As one of the few banks designated to process and store umbilical cord blood for both public and private use, Vitalant New Jersey (formerly Community Blood Services) maintains high industry standards.
A staff of highly experienced health professionals and technicians, working under the guidance and expertise of our Scientific/Medical Advisory Panel of industry leaders, physicians, researchers and parent advocates, offers both technical skill and unparalleled leadership.
This unique combination of talents ensures that our laboratory remains on the cutting-edge of new cord blood advances, while it guarantees the safety, integrity and viability of the cord blood unit.
Rigorous quality control standards are assessed and confirmed by:
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- AABB (formerly known as American Association of Blood Banks)
- State health offices
- Member of National Cord Blood Inventory (NCBI)
- Member of the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)
- Accredited by AABB and the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- Registered with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Licensed by New Jersey, New York, Maryland, and California State.
For information about specific products contact us at: CordBlood@cbsblood.org
Community Blood Services
Cord Blood Stem Cell Laboratory
102 Chestnut Ridge Road
Montvale, NJ 07645
Phone: 201-389-0491 or 1-866-SAVCORD (728-2673)
Vitalant’s cord blood stem cell laboratory for its public and family banking programs makes a variety of high-quality products* available for research purposes.
Products will be available to medical professionals who can provide proof of peer-reviewed research. Vitalant does not release samples for use in research involving embryonic stem cells.
* Vitalant’s research products are derived from donated umbilical cord blood units that do not qualify for public banking, placental tissue, and/or by-products that would otherwise be discarded.